We are looking for volunteers to assist in developing, troubleshooting and testing our small web software development projects. This position is a terrific opportunity not only to practice and enhance your Joomla skills but also work on a good cause that brings about a real difference in the community.
We are currently focused on developing the following initatives:
- Building a web-based volunteer management portal hosted on Joomla content management systems; and
- Minor web development efforts on the website, which is also managed by Joomla.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot problems we might be experiencing, recommend and implement fixes; and
- Research and Implement Joomla plug-ins.
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Strong experience with Joomla CMS (we use v 3.5)
- Familiarity with mySQL
- Self-directed and enjoy (and excel at) troubleshooting
- Experience with Joomla Admin Tools and Security configuration would be a plus.
You must be able to commit to a minimum average of 10 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. How Our Teams Work .