The Online Advertising Specialist will work on optimizing the online promotion of community based tours into the Brazilian Amazon offered by The Community Empowerment Network (CEN). The role will manage the implementation of marketing campaign resources to promote the tour, including online community bulletin board posting, Google Adwords, blogs, other social media, and CEN sponsored events. The overall goal is executing promotional campaigns aimed at attracting customers to sign up for CEN’s community based tours into the Brazilian Amazon.
The Online Advertising Specialist may also be asked to help support the online promotion of other products sold by CEN, although currently the big push is for our tours.
Attention spouses of H1B Visa holders - This position is a great way for you to keep your skills up to date and gain additional experience while you’re working for a good cause.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help manage the implementation of our various Google Adwords campaigns;
- Track site traffic and search rankings using Google Analytics and report on campaign results;
- Identify and assist the Website Content Team to implement strategies for increasing site traffic; and
- Research keywords using Google and other tools
- Manage the implementation of social media campaigns
- Assist in research of opportunities to improve online campaigns
- Manage the implementation of promotion campaigns
- Building relationships with peer organizations to promote tours
- Assist in research of opportunities to promote the tours
- Constructing copy to be used for promotion campaigns
- Manage reporting of results of promotion campaigns
Depending upon the interest and skills of responses to this positing, we might split the duties into two positions where one volunteer focuses on Adwords and the other focuses on other tools
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Knowledge of online marketing campaigns and search engine optimization;
- Experience managing marketing campaigns;
- Clear understanding of search engine optimization, affiliate marketing and pay-per-click advertising;
- Works well independently
- Ability to manage details with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage on time delivery of multiple tasks in parallel
- Familiarity with Google Adwords preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with social media campaigns is preferred, but not required
- Experience with tourism marketing is beneficial
You must be able to commit to a minimum average of 10 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.