Time Commitment: minimum of 10 hours per month
Position Summary:Bloggers will submit content on a regular basis to help expand awareness of the importance and impact of methods used to help rural communities achieve sustainability. Contributions must be original in content and may include personal anecdotes, position summaries, commentaries, and critiques with sources outlined where applicable. In general, contributions should be between 250 and 1000 words for online publishing. Work will be carried out remotely and may require a minimum of 10 hours per month. This is a perfect volunteer opportunity for portfolio-building and making a personal impact against poverty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide at least one blog or article submission per month on topic related to CENs work
- Participate in the identification of practical ways to address marketing and public relations needs through social networking tools
- Perform assigned tasks to improve CEN's social networking and blogging presence
- Incorporate keywords and other best practices to optimize posts for search engines.
- Attend and participate in virtual team meetings
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Basic knowledge of computer operations
- Good writing and communication skills
- Personal interest in blogging
- Experience with a variety of social networking tools
- Strong desire to become an integral member of a team
- Desire to help with research for blog topics and writing blog posts
You must be able to commit to a minimum average of 10 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN’s) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and our lines of responsibility sometimes overlap. This provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.