Today we are selling some artisan products made in the communities we serve in the Brazilian Amazon on our existing online Shop (CENShop). In order to increase sales, we'd like to also sell them on eBay, We're looking for someone to list items on eBay, as well as configure the shop. Here are some of the products
- Handbags and sandals made by Couro Ecologico, which means "ecological leather" in Portuguese. Couro Ecologico is a small worker-owned artisan group in the tiny Amazonian community, Maguary, whose products are made from locally-harvested rubber.
- An eclectic mix of items donated to our organization to help raise funds
- Inexpensive jewelry hand made from local seeds by one of our program participants
This is a terrific position for someone who is looking to take their e-commerce/online marketing experience to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up a seller account on eBay for our organization
- List the purses by adapting our existing listings from our own online shop
- Write compelling descriptions for the jewelry and other product and list these on eBay
- Track and evaluate visitor traffic, behavior and sales
- Develop and implement strategies to improve upon those results (expanding sales).
The Director will be responsible for updating inventory and shipping out orders.
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Strong online product marketing and/or e-Commerce experience preferred, preferably as a seller on eBay
- Clever and creative
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently,self directed and self-motivated
We estimate that you'll need to dedicated about 15 hours the first month (at your own schedule).. After that, it should only take a few hours each month to monitor and tweak listing to improve traffic and sales. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN's) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.