We are currently seeking two experienced and qualified volunteers to replace both our existing volunteer bookkeepers team lead AND our bookkeeper, who will both be leaving us soon. The bookkeepers are responsible for coding and entering treasurer-approved expenses and receipts into QuickBooks, as well as issuing periodic reports. Although we don't currently have a high level of monthly transactions, we need to ensure our books are kept current and able to complete our reporting even during vacations, family emergencies, etc,, and so we have and two bookkeepers that work together as a team. The Team Lead will coordinate and oversee the team’s activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (for the Team Lead):
- Monthly reconciliation of our bank and PayPal accounts
- Execute several other tasks necessary to close out the books each month
- Serve as a backup role for the general QuickBooks entries for expenses and receipts
- Ensure the accuracy of all entries
- Issue quarterly and annual reports and statements on a timely basis
- Coordinate the team’s activities, including holding regular team meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (for the Team Member):
- Enter expenses into Quickbooks
- Execute a short list of tasks necessary to close out the books each month
- Assist the Team Lead with other tasks, as necessary
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks
- Effectively communicate through email
- Ability to handle discrete information
- Team management experience, especially of virtual teams (Team Lead only)
- Non-profit accounting experience would be very helpful, but not absolutely required.
You must be able to commit to an average of 8 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN’s) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.