The Online Shop Manager is in charge of the operation and maintenance of our current Online Shop, the CENShop. Current Products sold on CENshop:
- Handbags and sandals made by Couro Ecologico, which means "ecological leather" in Portuguese. Couro Ecologico is a small worker-owned artisan group in the tiny Amazonian community, Maguary, whose products are made from locally-harvested rubber.
- An eclectic mix of items donated to our organization to help raise funds
- Fundraising programs, such as the Amazon Associates Program, CEN Capitol One Credit Card, and Online savings card
The Manager ensures that the Online Shop is up to date and develops ways to improve upon it, including driving traffic, increasing sales and coming up with new products and services. We're looking for someone who can pick and organize product lines, develop descriptions, and work with the tech team to improve the user experience on the site. This will require broad marketing, web merchandising and site layout experience, rather than a specific background in statistical modeling, data mining, and programming.
This is a terrific position for someone who is looking to take their e-commerce/online marketing experience to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic marketing plans for the site - we envision starting small and expanding over time;
- Work with the volunteer management team to recruit staff needed to meet those plans;
- Build the team's capacity to execute those plans;
- Coordinate with the fundraising teams to ensure the site is aligned with the teams' goals, strategies, and messages;
- Coordinate with the Product team for specific lines of products which CEN is representing, such as handbags and sandals made by Couro Ecologico;
- Track and evaluate visitor traffic, behavior and sales;
- Develop and implement strategies to improve upon those results (expanding sales);
- Work with the website technical team to implement technology features needed to improve the shop;
- Maintain current list of products on our online retail site; and
- Fulfill orders in a timely manner.
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Strong online product marketing and/or e-Commerce experience preferred;
- Familiarity with website design;
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO);
- Clever and creative;
- Proven ability to build highly functioning teams;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently,self directed and self-motivated; and
Please note that strong technical skills are less important than strong marketing skills.
You must be able to commit to a minimum average of 15 hours a month - especially initially. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN's) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.