We are currently seeking an experience and qualified volunteer to replace one of our existing volunteer bookkeepers, who will be leaving us shortly. Although we don't currently have a high level of transactions, we need to ensure our books are kept current, and so want to ensure we always always someone available even during vacations, family emergencies, etc, and so would like to have a second person on the team. The bookkeepers are responsible for coding and entering expenses and receipts into QuickBooks, as well as issuing periodic reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General QuickBooks entries for expenses and receipts
- Prepare QB checkbook register for monthly reconciliation by Board Treasurer
- Issue periodic reports and statements on a timely basis
- Support the Treasurer as needed
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
- Functional knowledge of QuickBooks
- Effectively communicate through email
- Ability to handle discrete information
- Non-profit accounting experience would be helpful, but not required.
You must be able to commit to an average of 3-4 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN’s) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.